Nebraska Revised Statute 42-747.03

Revised Statutes » Chapter 42 » 42-747.03
Print Friendly
42-747.03. Jurisdiction to modify foreign child support order.

(a) If a foreign country or political subdivision that is a state will not or cannot modify its order pursuant to its laws, a tribunal of this state may assume jurisdiction to modify the child support order and bind all individuals subject to the personal jurisdiction of the tribunal whether or not the consent to modification of a child support order otherwise required of the individual pursuant to section 42-746 has been given or whether the individual seeking modification is a resident of this state or of the foreign country or political subdivision.

(b) An order issued pursuant to this section is the controlling order.