Nebraska Revised Statute 71-15,146
Chapter 71 Section 15,146
Records; exempt from disclosure.
Notwithstanding the provision of any other law with respect to the availability of public records for inspection, the following records of a housing agency are exempt from disclosure:
(1) All records in the individual file of a resident, former resident, or applicant for public housing;
(2) All records in the individual file of a resident, former resident, or applicant for public housing in the possession of any landlord or individual providing a dwelling that is in any manner administered by a housing agency;
(3) All lists that identify residents, former residents, and applicants, except that statistical compilations are not exempt unless, by identification of location, family size, employment, or similar information, a resident, former resident, or applicant may be identified;
(4) The addresses of any dwellings that are assisted, either directly by the action of the housing agency or as a result of the resident's selection, except that statistical compilations are not exempt unless some or all of them may be specifically identified by address as a result of such compilation;
(5) The home address or personal telephone number of any resident, former resident, or applicant;
(6) Communications within a housing agency or between a housing agency and other public agencies of an advisory nature to the extent that they cover other than purely factual materials and are preliminary to any final agency determination of policy or action;
(7) Any information in the possession of the agency concerning the criminal history or other background information pertaining to any tenant or applicant for assistance;
(8) Information submitted to a housing agency in confidence and not otherwise required by law to be submitted, if such information should reasonably be considered confidential and the housing agency has obligated itself in good faith not to disclose the information; and
(9) Any other material or information that is otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.