Nebraska Revised Statute 71-2510.01
Chapter 71 Section 2510.01
Embalming fluids; use of arsenic or strychnine prohibited; label required; violation; penalty.
(1) No person, firm, corporation, partnership, or limited liability company shall manufacture, give away, sell, expose for sale, or deliver any embalming fluid or other fluids of whatsoever name, to be used for or intended for use in the embalming of dead human bodies, which contain arsenic or strychnine, or preparations, compounds, or salts thereof, without having the words arsenic contained herein or strychnine contained herein, as the case may be, written or printed upon a label pasted on the bottle, cask, flask, or carboy in which such fluid shall be contained.
(2) No undertaker or other person shall embalm with, inject into, or place upon any dead human body, any fluid or preparation of any kind which contains arsenic or strychnine, or preparations, compounds, or salts thereof.
(3) Any person, firm, corporation, partnership, or limited liability company violating any of the provisions of subsection (1) or (2) of this section shall be guilty of a Class III misdemeanor.
- Laws 1977, LB 38, § 85;
- Laws 1993, LB 121, § 176;
- R.S.1943, (2008), § 28-425;
- Laws 2015, LB37, § 87.