Nebraska Revised Statute 71-3502
Chapter 71 Section 3502
Purpose of act; programs provided.
It is the purpose of the Radiation Control Act to effectuate the policies set forth in section 71-3501 by providing for:
(1) A program of effective regulation of sources of radiation for the protection of occupational and public health and safety and the environment;
(2) A program to promote an orderly regulatory pattern within the state, among the states, and between the federal government and the state and facilitate intergovernmental cooperation with respect to use and regulation of sources of radiation to the end that duplication of regulation may be minimized;
(3) A program to establish procedures for assumption and performance of certain regulatory responsibilities with respect to sources of radiation; and
(4) A program to permit maximum utilization of sources of radiation consistent with the health and safety of the public.
- Laws 1963, c. 406, § 2, p. 1296;
- Laws 1975, LB 157, § 2;
- Laws 1984, LB 716, § 2;
- Laws 1987, LB 390, § 3;
- Laws 1995, LB 406, § 41;
- Laws 2007, LB463, § 1208.