Nebraska Revised Statute 71-3516
Chapter 71 Section 3516
Emergency; impounding sources of radiation; department; powers.
(1) The department shall have the authority in the event of an emergency affecting occupational or public health and safety or the environment to impound or order the impounding of sources of radiation in the possession of any person who is not equipped to observe or fails to observe the provisions of the Radiation Control Act or any rules or regulations issued pursuant to such act.
(2) Any source of radiation impounded by the department is declared to be a common nuisance and cannot be subject to a replevin action.
(3) Possession of an impounded source of radiation shall be determined by section 71-3516.01.
- Laws 1963, c. 406, § 16, p. 1306;
- Laws 1975, LB 157, § 14;
- Laws 1987, LB 390, § 19;
- Laws 2006, LB 994, § 106.