Nebraska Revised Statute 71-3613
Chapter 71 Section 3613
Department; powers and duties.
The department shall have and may exercise the following powers and duties in its administration of the Tuberculosis Detection and Prevention Act:
(1) To contract with qualified hospitals or other health care facilities which are licensed and approved for such use under the Health Care Facility Licensure Act by the department for the purpose of caring for, maintaining, and treating patients committed under the Tuberculosis Detection and Prevention Act, and for those other persons having communicable tuberculosis who voluntarily agree to and accept care and treatment in such a health care facility on either an inpatient or an outpatient basis;
(2) To inspect and supervise to the extent necessary the facilities, operations, and administration of those health care facilities under contract to or otherwise receiving support from the department for the purpose of providing care, treatment, or maintenance for persons infected with communicable tuberculosis;
(3) To provide visiting nursing services to those persons having communicable tuberculosis who are being treated on an outpatient basis;
(4) To adopt rules and regulations, and issue orders based thereon, relative to reports and statistics on tuberculosis from counties and the care, treatment, and maintenance of persons having tuberculosis, especially of those in the communicable or contagious stage thereof; and
(5) To set standards by rule and regulation for the types and level of medical care and treatment to be used by those health care facilities caring for tuberculous persons and to set standards by rule and regulation governing contracts mentioned in subdivision (1) of this section dealing with such matters as program standards, maximum and minimum costs and rates, administrative procedures to be followed and reports to be made, and arbitration by third parties.
Rules, regulations, and orders in effect under this section prior to July 16, 2004, shall continue to be effective until revised, amended, repealed, or nullified pursuant to law.
- Health Care Facility Licensure Act, see section 71-401.