Nebraska Revised Statute 71-4609
Chapter 71 Section 4609
Commission; duties; rules and regulations; refusal to issue seal; grounds; hearing; appeal; commission; powers; disciplinary actions; fee.
(1) The commission shall administer the Uniform Standard Code for Manufactured Homes and Recreational Vehicles. The commission may adopt and promulgate, amend, alter, or repeal general rules and regulations of procedure for (a) administering the provisions of the code, (b) issuing seals, (c) obtaining statistical data respecting the manufacture and sale of manufactured homes and recreational vehicles, and (d) prescribing means, methods, and practices to make effective such provisions.
(2) The commission shall refuse to issue a seal to any manufacturer or other person for any manufactured home or recreational vehicle found to be not in compliance with its standards governing body and frame design and construction or plumbing, heating, or electrical systems for manufactured homes or recreational vehicles or for which fees have not been paid. Except in case of failure to pay the required fees, any such manufacturer or other person may request a hearing before the commission on the issue of such refusal. Procedures for notice and opportunity for a hearing before the commission shall be pursuant to the Administrative Procedure Act. The refusal by the commission may be appealed, and the appeal shall be in accordance with section 75-136.
(3) The issuance of seals may be suspended or revoked as to any manufacturer or other person who has not complied with any provision of the code or with any rule, regulation, or standard adopted and promulgated under the code or who is convicted of violating section 71-4608, and issuance of the seals shall not be resumed until such manufacturer or other person submits sufficient proof that the conditions which caused the lack of compliance or the violation have been remedied. Any manufacturer or other person may request a hearing before the commission on the issue of such suspension or revocation. Procedures for notice and opportunity for a hearing before the commission shall be pursuant to the Administrative Procedure Act. The suspension or revocation by the commission may be appealed, and the appeal shall be in accordance with section 75-136.
(4) The commission may conduct hearings and presentations of views consistent with the regulations adopted by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development and adopt and promulgate such rules and regulations as are necessary to carry out this function.
(5) The commission shall establish a monitoring inspection fee in an amount approved by the United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, which fee shall be an amount paid to the commission by the manufacturer for each manufactured-home seal issued in the state. An additional monitoring inspection fee established by the United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development shall be paid by the manufacturer to the secretary who shall distribute the fees collected from all manufactured-home manufacturers based on provisions developed and approved by the secretary.
- Administrative Procedure Act, see section 84-920.