Nebraska Revised Statute 71-4630
Chapter 71 Section 4630
Applicability of code; certificate of exemption; procedure.
(1) The Uniform Standard Code for Mobile Home Parks shall not apply to any mobile home park located within the jurisdiction of any city, village, or county which provides for the regulation of mobile home parks by resolution, ordinance, or regulation which at a minimum is not less stringent than the then current standards and specifications, and all subsequent revisions and amendments thereto, approved, adopted, and promulgated by the department, as such standards and specifications apply to mobile home parks. No such resolution, ordinance, or regulation shall become effective until a certificate of exemption has been issued by the department. Such certificate of exemption shall be available for inspection in the office of the city or county clerk as the case may be.
(2) If the department shall determine at any time after the issuance of such a certificate of exemption that such a resolution, ordinance, or regulation is being enforced in a manner contrary to or inconsistent with the standards mentioned in subsection (1) of this section or is otherwise being improperly enforced in any city, village, or county holding a certificate of exemption, the department may revoke the certificate of exemption and the Uniform Standard Code for Mobile Home Parks shall apply in such city, village, or county until such standards are met and enforced and a new certificate is issued.
(3) Any city, village, or county desiring a certificate of exemption shall make application for such certificate by filing a petition for a certificate of exemption with the department. The department shall promptly investigate such petition. If the recommendation of the department is against the granting of a certificate of exemption and the applicant requests that a formal hearing be held, a formal hearing shall be held on the questions of whether (a) the resolution, ordinance, or regulation is at a minimum as stringent as the standards mentioned in subsection (1) of this section, (b) the resolution, ordinance, or regulation is being enforced in a manner contrary to or inconsistent with such standards or is otherwise being improperly enforced, and (c) adequate provisions have been made for enforcement. The burden of proof thereof shall be upon the applicant. A like formal hearing shall be held upon any proposed revocation of a certificate of exemption upon the request of the holder thereof. The procedure governing hearings authorized by this subsection shall be in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act. The decision to deny or revoke a certificate of exemption may be appealed, and the appeal shall be in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act.
- Laws 1976, LB 91, § 10;
- Laws 1988, LB 352, § 136.
- Administrative Procedure Act, see section 84-920.