Nebraska Revised Statute 71-514.02
Chapter 71 Section 514.02
Health care providers; terms, defined.
(1) Health care provider means a person who provides care to a patient which is designed to improve the status of his or her health whether this care is rendered in the hospital or community setting and whether the provider is paid or voluntary. Health care provider does not mean an emergency services provider as defined in section 71-507;
(2) Infectious disease or condition means hepatitis B, hepatitis C, meningococcal meningitis, active pulmonary tuberculosis, human immunodeficiency virus, and such other diseases as the Department of Health and Human Services may from time to time specify;
(3) Patient means an individual who is sick, injured, wounded, or otherwise helpless or incapacitated;
(4) Provider agency means any health care facility or agency which is in the business of providing health care services; and
(5) Significant exposure to blood or other body fluid means a specific eye, mouth, other mucous membrane, nonintact skin, or parenteral contact with blood or other materials known to transmit infectious diseases that results from providing care.