Nebraska Revised Statute 71-5316
Chapter 71 Section 5316
For purposes of the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Act, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Safe Drinking Water Act means the federal Safe Drinking Water Act, as the act existed on May 22, 2001;
(2) Construction means any of the following: Preliminary planning to determine the feasibility of a safe drinking water project for a public water system; engineering, architectural, legal, fiscal, or economic investigations or studies; surveys, designs, plans, working drawings, specifications, procedures, or other necessary preliminary actions; erection, building, acquisition, alteration, remodeling, improvement, or extension of public water systems; or the inspection or supervision of any of such items;
(3) Council means the Environmental Quality Council;
(4) Department means the Department of Environmental Quality;
(5) Director means the Director of Environmental Quality;
(6) Operate and maintain means all necessary activities, including the normal replacement of equipment or appurtenances, to assure the dependable and economical function of a public water system in accordance with its intended purpose;
(7) Owner means any person owning or operating a public water system;
(8) Public water system has the definition found in section 71-5301; and
(9) Safe drinking water project means the structures, equipment, surroundings, and processes required to establish and operate a public water system.
- Laws 1997, LB 517, § 5;
- Laws 2001, LB 667, § 45.