(1) Every applicant for an initial or renewal license as a wholesale drug distributor shall file a written application with the department. The application shall be accompanied by the fee established by the department under section 71-7450 and proof of bond or other security required under section 71-7452 and shall include the following information:
(a) The applicant's name, business address, type of business entity, and telephone number. If the applicant is a partnership, the application shall include the name of each partner and the name of the partnership. If the applicant is a corporation, the application shall include the name and title of each corporate officer and director, all corporate names of the applicant, and the applicant's state of incorporation. If the applicant is a sole proprietorship, the application shall include the name of the sole proprietor and name of the proprietorship;
(b) All trade or business names used by the applicant;
(c) The addresses and telephone numbers of all facilities used by the applicant for the storage, handling, and wholesale distribution of prescription drugs and the names of persons in charge of such facilities. A separate license shall be obtained for each such facility;
(d) A listing of all licenses, permits, or other similar documentation issued to the applicant in any other state authorizing the applicant to purchase or possess prescription drugs;
(e) The names and addresses of the owner and manager of the applicant's wholesale drug distribution facilities, a designated representative at each such facility, and all managerial employees at each such facility; and
(f) Other information as required by the department, including affirmative evidence of the applicant's ability to comply with the Wholesale Drug Distributor Licensing Act and rules and regulations adopted and promulgated under the act.
(2) The department may require persons listed on the application to pass an examination approved by the department on laws pertaining to the wholesale distribution of prescription drugs.
(3) The application shall include the applicant's social security number if the applicant is an individual. The social security number shall not be a public record and may only be used by the department for administrative purposes.
(4) The application shall be signed by (a) the owner, if the applicant is an individual or partnership, (b) the member, if the applicant is a limited liability company with only one member, or two of its members, if the applicant is a limited liability company with two or more members, or (c) two of its officers, if the applicant is a corporation.
(5) The designated representative and the supervisor of the designated representative of a wholesale drug distributor and each owner with greater than a ten percent interest in the wholesale drug distributor, if the wholesale drug distributor is a nonpublicly held company, shall be subject to a criminal history record information check and shall provide the department or the designated agent of the department with a complete set of fingerprints for such purpose if his or her fingerprints are not already on file for such purpose. The department or the designated agent of the department shall forward such fingerprints to the Nebraska State Patrol to be submitted to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for a national criminal history record information check. Such persons shall authorize the release of the results of such criminal history record information check to the department, and the applicant shall pay the actual cost of such fingerprinting and such criminal history record information check.
(6) The department may waive certain requirements under this section upon proof satisfactory to the department that such requirements are duplicative of other requirements of law or regulation and that the granting of such exemption will not endanger the public safety.