(1) Licensure activities under the Wholesale Drug Distributor Licensing Act shall be funded by license fees. An applicant for an initial or renewal license under the act shall pay a license fee as provided in this section.
(2) License fees shall include (a) a base fee of fifty dollars and (b) an additional fee of not more than five hundred dollars based on variable costs to the department of inspections and of receiving and investigating complaints, other similar direct and indirect costs, and other relevant factors as determined by the department.
(3) If the licensure application is denied, the license fee shall be returned to the applicant, except that the department may retain up to twenty-five dollars as an administrative fee and may retain the entire license fee if an inspection has been completed prior to such denial.
(4) The department shall also collect a fee for reinstatement of a license that has lapsed or has been suspended or revoked. The department shall collect a fee of ten dollars for a duplicate original license.
(5) The department shall remit all license fees collected under this section to the State Treasurer for credit to the Health and Human Services Cash Fund. License fees collected under this section shall only be used for activities related to the licensure of wholesale drug distributors, except for the transfer of funds provided for under subsection (6) of this section.
(6) The State Treasurer shall transfer three million seven hundred thousand dollars from the Health and Human Services Cash Fund to the General Fund on or before June 30, 2018, on such dates and in such amounts as directed by the budget administrator of the budget division of the Department of Administrative Services. It is the intent of the Legislature that the transfer to the General Fund in this subsection be from funds credited to the Wholesale Drug Distributor Licensing subfund of the Health and Human Services Cash Fund.