Six behavioral health regions are established, consisting of the following counties:
(1) Region 1 shall consist of Sioux, Dawes, Box Butte, Sheridan, Scotts Bluff, Morrill, Garden, Banner, Kimball, Cheyenne, and Deuel counties;
(2) Region 2 shall consist of Grant, Hooker, Thomas, Arthur, McPherson, Logan, Keith, Lincoln, Perkins, Chase, Hayes, Frontier, Dawson, Gosper, Dundy, Hitchcock, and Red Willow counties;
(3) Region 3 shall consist of Blaine, Loup, Garfield, Wheeler, Custer, Valley, Greeley, Sherman, Howard, Buffalo, Hall, Phelps, Kearney, Adams, Clay, Furnas, Harlan, Hamilton, Merrick, Franklin, Webster, and Nuckolls counties;
(4) Region 4 shall consist of Cherry, Keya Paha, Boyd, Brown, Rock, Holt, Knox, Cedar, Dixon, Dakota, Thurston, Wayne, Pierce, Antelope, Boone, Nance, Madison, Stanton, Cuming, Burt, Colfax, and Platte counties;
(5) Region 5 shall consist of Polk, Butler, Saunders, Seward, Lancaster, Otoe, Fillmore, Saline, Thayer, Jefferson, Gage, Johnson, Nemaha, Pawnee, York, and Richardson counties; and
(6) Region 6 shall consist of Dodge, Washington, Douglas, Sarpy, and Cass counties.