Nebraska Revised Statute 71-9402
Chapter 71 Section 9402
For purposes of the Assisting Caregiver Transitions Act:
(1) Activities of daily living means transfer, ambulation, exercise, toileting, eating, self-administration of medication, and similar activities;
(2) Aftercare means assistance provided by a caregiver to a patient in the patient’s residence after the patient’s discharge from a hospital following an inpatient stay and may include, but is not limited to, (a) assisting with activities of daily living and (b) carrying out medical or nursing tasks, including, but not limited to, managing wound care, assisting in administration of medication, and operating medical equipment;
(3) Caregiver means a person nineteen years of age or older who is designated by a patient or a patient's legal guardian to provide aftercare;
(4) Hospital means a general acute hospital as defined in section 71-412; and
(5) Residence means the home in which a patient resides. Residence does not include an assisted-living facility as defined in section 71-406, a group home, a hospital as defined in section 71-419, an intermediate care facility as defined in section 71-420, a rehabilitation hospital as defined in section 71-427 or other rehabilitation facility, a nursing facility as defined in section 71-424, or a skilled nursing facility as defined in section 71-429.