Nebraska Revised Statute 76-2714
Chapter 76 Section 2714
Homeowner; right to cancel foreclosure consulting contract; notice; when effective; repayment of funds.
(1) In addition to any right of rescission available under state or federal law, a homeowner has the right to cancel a foreclosure consulting contract at any time.
(2) Cancellation occurs when a homeowner gives written notice of cancellation of the foreclosure consulting contract to the foreclosure consultant at the address specified in the contract or through any facsimile number or email address identified in the contract or other materials provided to the homeowner by the foreclosure consultant.
(3) Notice of cancellation, if given by mail, is effective when deposited in the United States mail, properly addressed, with postage prepaid.
(4) Notice of cancellation need not be in the form provided with the contract and is effective, however expressed, if it indicates the intention of the homeowner to cancel the foreclosure consulting contract.
(5) As part of the cancellation of a foreclosure consulting contract, the homeowner shall repay, within sixty days after the date of cancellation, all funds paid or advanced in good faith prior to the receipt of notice of cancellation by the foreclosure consultant or his or her associate under the terms of the foreclosure consulting contract, together with interest at the prime rate published by the Federal Reserve Board plus two percentage points, with the total interest rate not to exceed eight percent per year, from the date of expenditure until repaid by the homeowner.
(6) Except as provided in subsection (5) of this section, the right to cancel shall not be conditioned on the repayment of any funds.