Nebraska Revised Statute 79-10,103
Chapter 79 Section 10,103
Real property; lease or acquisition; located outside of district; purpose; election; when.
(1) The school board of any school district may lease, purchase, acquire, own, manage, and hold title to real property which is located outside of its school district for laboratory, recreation, camping, or educational facilities, except that any purchase costing (a) more than one thousand dollars by any Class I or II school district or (b) more than five thousand dollars by any Class III, IV, V, or VI school district shall be submitted to a vote of the legal voters in that school district seeking to acquire the property.
(2) The election provisions of this section do not apply when a school district which currently owns real property outside the school district desires to lease, purchase, acquire, own, manage, and hold title to additional real property located contiguous to such property for laboratory, recreation, camping, or educational facilities.
- Laws 1965, c. 511, § 1, p. 1632;
- Laws 1975, LB 303, § 1;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-4,153;
- Laws 1996, LB 900, § 749;
- Laws 1997, LB 345, § 36.