Nebraska Revised Statute 79-1229
Chapter 79 Section 1229
Annual financial report; contents; annual audit required; cost.
(1) On or before January 31 of each year, the administrator of each educational service unit shall submit to the Commissioner of Education a report described as the annual financial report showing (a) the amount of money received from all sources during the year and the amount of money expended by the educational service unit during the year, (b) other information as necessary to fulfill the requirements of section 79-1241.03, and (c) such other information as the commissioner directs.
(2) The board of each educational service unit shall cause a complete and comprehensive annual audit to be made of the books, accounts, records, and affairs of the educational service unit. The audits shall be conducted annually, except that the Auditor of Public Accounts may determine an audit of less frequency to be appropriate but not less than once in any three-year period. The board of each educational service unit may contract with the Auditor of Public Accounts or select a licensed public accountant or certified public accountant or firm of such accountants to conduct the audit and shall be responsible for the cost of the audit pursuant to the contract. Such audit shall be conducted in the same manner as audits of county officers. The original copy of the audit shall be filed in the office of the Auditor of Public Accounts.
- Laws 1969, c. 700, § 4, p. 2699;
- Laws 1985, Second Spec. Sess., LB 29, § 4;
- Laws 1987, LB 183, § 5;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-2210.04;
- Laws 1996, LB 900, § 946;
- Laws 2008, LB988, § 51.