Nebraska Revised Statute 79-261
Chapter 79 Section 261
School board or board of education; powers; delegation of authority.
(1) The school board or board of education may by rule amplify, supplement, or extend the procedures provided in the Student Discipline Act if such actions are not inconsistent with the act.
(2) Any action taken by the school board or board of education or by its employees or agents in a material violation of the act shall be considered null, void, and of no effect.
(3) The school board or board of education may authorize the delegation to other school officials of responsibilities directed to the principal or superintendent by the act.
- Laws 1976, LB 503, § 6;
- Laws 1994, LB 1250, § 12;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-4,175;
- Laws 1996, LB 900, § 65.
School board not compelled to promulgate rules concerning distribution of literature. Hernandez v. Hanson, 430 F.Supp. 1154 (D. Neb. 1977).