Nebraska Revised Statute 79-296
Chapter 79 Section 296
Anabolic steroids; additional sanction.
(1) In addition to the penalties provided in the Uniform Controlled Substances Act and section 79-267, any person under nineteen years of age who is a student at any public elementary, secondary, or postsecondary educational institution in this state who possesses, dispenses, delivers, or administers anabolic steroids as defined in section 28-401 in violation of the Uniform Controlled Substances Act may be prohibited from participating in any extracurricular activities for not more than thirty consecutive days for the first offense. For the second or any subsequent offense, the student may be barred from participation in such activities for any period of time the institution deems appropriate pursuant to the written policy of the institution.
(2) Any sanction imposed pursuant to this section shall be in accordance with a written policy of the institution. The institution shall post the written policy in a conspicuous place and shall make a copy of the policy available to any student upon request.
- Laws 1990, LB 571, § 10;
- Laws 1992, LB 1019, § 122;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-4,228;
- Laws 1996, LB 900, § 100.