Nebraska Revised Statute 79-443
Chapter 79 Section 443
State committee; plan of reorganization; contents.
After one or more public hearings have been held, the state committee may approve a plan or plans of reorganization. Such plan shall contain:
(1) A description of the proposed boundaries of the reorganized districts;
(2) A summary of the reasons for each proposed change, realignment, or adjustment of the boundaries. If such plan provides for the creation of a new Class VI district, it shall designate whether such district shall include high school grades only or be known as a Class VI junior-senior high school district as described in section 79-411;
(3) A summary of the terms on which reorganization is to be made between the reorganized districts. Such terms shall include a provision for initial school board districts or wards within the proposed district, which proposed initial school board districts or wards shall be determined by the state committee taking into consideration population and valuation, a determination of the number of members to be appointed to the initial school board for Class II and III school districts, and a determination of the terms of the board members first appointed to membership on the board of the newly reorganized district;
(4) A separate statement as to whether the reorganization is contingent upon the success of a bond election held in conjunction with the reorganization;
(5) A statement of the findings with respect to the location of schools, the utilization of existing buildings, the construction of new buildings, and the transportation requirements under the proposed plan of reorganization. The plan may contain provisions for the holding of school within existing buildings in the newly reorganized district and that a school constituted under this section shall be maintained from the date of reorganization unless the legal voters served by the school vote by a majority vote for discontinuance of the school;
(6) A map showing the boundaries of established school districts and the boundaries proposed under any plan or plans of reorganization; and
(7) Such other matters as the state committee determines proper to be included.
- Laws 1949, c. 249, § 11, p. 677;
- Laws 1963, c. 480, § 1, p. 1546;
- Laws 1963, c. 479, § 6, p. 1540;
- Laws 1985, LB 662, § 28;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-426.11;
- Laws 1996, LB 900, § 192;
- Laws 1997, LB 806, § 18;
- Laws 1999, LB 272, § 46;
- Laws 2005, LB 126, § 27;
- Referendum 2006, No. 422;
- Laws 2014, LB946, § 36.
This section specifies what a plan of reorganization shall contain. Arends v. Whitten, 172 Neb. 297, 109 N.W.2d 363 (1961).
County committee prepares plan of reorganization. Nickel v. School Board of Axtell, 157 Neb. 813, 61 N.W.2d 566 (1953).