Nebraska Revised Statute 79-946
Chapter 79 Section 946
Retired Teachers Supplementary Benefits Fund; created; termination.
(1) The Retired Teachers Supplementary Benefits Fund is created. The fund shall be administered by the retirement board. This fund shall be considered an express obligation of the state. The appropriation for such fund shall be determined by the retirement board as of January 1 of each odd-numbered year and included in the biennial budget to be adopted by the regular session of the Legislature held in each odd-numbered year.
(2) On June 30, 2004, the Retired Teachers Supplementary Benefits Fund shall terminate and all assets of the fund shall be transferred to the School Retirement Fund. All obligations of the Retired Teachers Supplementary Benefits Fund shall be paid thereafter from the School Retirement Fund. The appropriation to provide supplementary benefits to retired teachers shall be determined as provided in subsection (1) of this section and shall be made to the School Retirement Fund in the same manner and amounts as had been made to the Retired Teachers Supplementary Retirement Fund.
- Laws 1980, LB 228, § 7;
- Laws 1986, LB 258, § 22;
- R.S.1943, (1994), § 79-1564;
- Laws 1996, LB 900, § 581;
- Laws 2004, LB 1097, § 26.