Nebraska Revised Statute 83-1,107.01
(1) Unless otherwise provided by this section, whenever an adult offender is paroled, the board shall require a parolee to pay a monthly parole programming fee.
(2) Parolees under the supervision of the Office of Parole Administration shall pay a monthly parole programming fee of twenty-five dollars, not later than the tenth day of each month, beginning the second month of parole supervision and continuing for the duration of the parole.
(3) The board shall waive payment of the monthly parole programming fee in whole or in part if after a hearing a determination is made that such payment would constitute an undue hardship on the parolee due to limited income, employment or school status, or physical or mental handicap. Such waiver shall be in effect only during the period of time that the parolee is unable to pay his or her monthly parole programming fee.
(4) When monthly parole programming fees are waived, in whole or in part, the parole officer, pursuant to rules and regulations adopted by the board, may contract with the parolee to perform approved community service at the rate of five dollars per hour in lieu of payment of monthly parole programming fees. A parolee may be required to pay a participation fee in order to take advantage of community service programs. A parolee may not accumulate more than three months' advance credit for community service. The use of community service alternatives does not preclude the imposition of other intermediate measures.
(5) The Office of Parole Administration with the approval of the Board of Parole shall implement sanctions if a parolee defaults in the payment of monthly parole programming fees or any installment thereof as established by subsection (2) of this section, except that parole shall not be revoked nor shall the parolee be imprisoned for such nonpayment if the parolee is financially unable to make the payment.
(6) If the board determines that the default in payment described in subsection (5) of this section was not attributable to a deliberate refusal to obey the order of the board or to failure on the parolee's part to make a good faith effort to obtain the funds required for payment, the board may allow the parolee additional time for payment, reduce the amount of each installment, or revoke the fees or the unpaid portion in whole or in part.
(7) No parolee shall be required to pay more than one monthly parole programming fee per month.
(8) The imposition of monthly parole programming fees in this section shall be considered separate and apart from specific service delivery fees.
(9) Any adult offender received for supervision pursuant to section 29-2637 or the Interstate Compact for Adult Offender Supervision shall be assessed a monthly parole programming fee during the period of time the offender is actively supervised by Nebraska parole authorities.
(10) A parolee shall pay the fees described in this section to the Office of Parole Administration. The office shall remit all fees to the State Treasurer for credit to the Parole Program Cash Fund.
(11) The board and the office shall adopt and promulgate rules and regulations to carry out this section.